Saturday, January 29, 2011

The whitest guy you know

Some of the guys at work get Beto's gigantic breakfast burritos from time to time. The burritos smell so friggin' good. They're full of eggs and bacon and cheese. At first I silently cried in my proverbial soup. Then I got smart. I created my own burrito with egg whites (drops one egg's cholesterol content from 71% DV to 0% DV), cubed potatoes, Veggie Shreds cheese, and Melinda's hot sauce. In total its something like .5 sat fat, and no cholesterol.

The potatoes are seasoned with sage, thyme, garlic powder and tarragon
I topped it off with mild, green enchilada sauce and some more seasoning
My sandwiches also use egg whites and Veggie Shreds cheese. I throw in onion and spinach for flavor and nutrition. I top it off with Melinda's hot sauce.

The egg white sandwich

1 comment:

  1. I need to find tortillas like the ones they use at Beto's. Their large and thin. The ones you buy at the store are typically thicker flour tortillas. If anyone knows where to get the thin guys...

    ReplyDelete